|Lincoln and Districts Community Care Association Incorporated provides help, and guidance.
Services include: (click on (+) for more information)
- Meals on Wheels (+)
- Clients must be referred by their GP
- Clients must be unable to prepare their own meals e.g. physical, mental health or aged disability.
- Meals can be delivered hot or chilled.
- We cater for special dietary needs.
- Meals are delivered Monday to Friday excluding Public holidays.
- Selwyn Sages: (Sharing experiences: Developing skills) (+)
- Coordinator oversees the programme, completing initial assessment and planning.
- Clients accessed via referral from GP, mental health, schools, churches, play centres.
- Good life skills such as cooking on a budget, growing your own vegetables, preserving, knitting, mending, general handyman tasks.
- Mentors are Police checked and receive training.
- Regular review of plan for progress/changes required.
- Partnership Community Worker (+)
- Identifies and manages barriers that people have accessing healthcare e.g. language, transport, isolation, mental health, financial.
- Various referral sources e.g. GP, Mental health, self.
- Assistance to access health services e.g. benefits, GP and Specialist apts, transporting, housing, cultural support
- Will refer on as needed to other providers.
- Especially Maori, Pacific and low income peoples.
- More about our Partnership CommunityWorker.
- Mobility Equipment for Hire (+)
- Modest rates.
- Short term hire only e.g. immediate post discharge until professional services commence, holiday visitors to Selwyn.
- Equipment serviced by a professional.
- Wheelchairs, crutches, shower stools, commodes, walking sticks, raised toilet seats, walking frames, nursery equipment (porta cot, high chair).
- Lincoln Share and Care (Homeshare) – Day Care programme (+)
- Clients referred by GP or other health professional.
- Provider assessed for suitability.
- Elderly persons experiencing loneliness, companionship, social interaction.
- Service is free to the client – donations accepted.
- Regular activities, outings, 2 course meal provided.
- Runs from 10am to 3pm weekly.
- Transport to and from can be arranged – a small fee for this service.
- Free Educational Seminars (+)
- Health related illnesses.
- Mainly during specific ‘focus’ weeks e.g. Alzheimer’s, diabetes, stroke, Muscular Dystrophy.
- Information delivered by professionals.
- Advertised in local newsletter, school newsletter, newspapers, LDCC Facebook and Website pages.
- Requests / ideas/suggestions accepted.
- Educational Sessions for International Peoples/New Residents (+)
- Small gold coin donation
- Held at 16 Lyttelton Street, Lincoln or alternative premises if requested.
- Topics such as ‘How to get an IRD number’; ‘How to access health services’; Motor vehicle regulations’; ‘Budgeting’; ‘Tenancy obligations’.
- Requests/suggestions/ideas accepted.
- Buddy support/assistance for form filling (NZ residency, Citizenship etc).
- Senior Exercise group (+)
- For anyone over 60 years old.
- Every Monday and Thursday 10am to 11am.
- Run by a qualified personal trainer.
- Regular morning teas.
- Very modest annual cost.
- Latest programme.
- Lincoln Walking group (+)
- Open to anyone.
- Every Tueday morning from 10am.
- Meet at the Lincoln event Centre.
- Weekly programme available.
- Latest programme.
- Nurse Maude continence supplies (+)
- Delivered on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Pick up Wednesday onwards.
- Clients order their own supplies from NMA supply shop in Christchurch.
- Blanket bank (+)
- Donate your surplus clean and servicable bedding of all sizes. This includes cots, duvets and/or covers, throws, quilts, sheets and sleeping bags etc - anything except electric blankets.
- Please drop of such items to Lincoln & Districts Community Care at 16 Lyttelton Street, Lincoln.
- These will be given to those in need.
- Curtain bank (+)
- Lincoln & Districts Community Care have a bin for people to drop off their unwanted curtains.
- Community Energy Action (CEA) will sew to fit, add lining and supply free to low-income households to keep their homes warmer and create privacy.
- More information.
- Room hire (+)
Services are provided by a small team of paid staff and many volunteers.
To use any service or find out more information please contact us.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Send us your details and we will be in touch.
Follow us on facebook lincolncommunitycare
Lincoln and Districts Community Care greatfully acknowledges the support provided by:
Selwyn District Council
the Rotary Club of Lincoln